Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Schmitt/Martorana Family Cookbook Project

I may have gotten caught up in the Christmas spirit or perhaps I was just full of Christmas spirits, but over the holidays I volunteered to take on the year-long task of creating the family cookbook.

Over the course of this year, I will cook, photograph and reminisce about my family's favorite recipes.

Many of these recipes are from my Italian/German ancestors and others just favorites passed along by family friends. At the end of this project, I hope to have all of my family's favorites in one cookbook so we can stop bothering my mother (and aunts, and friends) for "that recipe".

My challenge will be to actually create the recipes for many of the foods that I learned from cooking them with my mother and to turn "a little bit of this and that" into actual measurements. My second challenge will be to photograph the foods, and often the steps. This is not as easy a task as you think.

So, I invite you into my kitchen.....Mangia !

No comments:

Post a Comment